View post (Baseball Anyone??!!!!)

View thread

stackny
stackny
03/28/2006 5:27 pm
Originally Posted by: aschlemanYou're all going to call me a bandwagon fan...but I'm not. I've grown up around the southside of Chicago pretty much my whole life except for my breif stint I lived in New York when I was little. I've been to countless White Sox games... and I've never in my life been to a Cubs game. I hate the cubs... I hate Cubs fans... well just the ones that refuse to acknowledge that the Cubs are one of the worst franchises in baseball... Sure, they have history... they have a history of losing.... Atleast the White Sox have accomplished something. But the still the stadium that will get sold out every game of the year is the one on the northside where the Cubs will once again do whatever is neccessary to lose... I never go anywhere without my 1983 White Sox hat.... GO SOX!! Let's get another one!!!!

My feeling is, if you grew up around that team, you have all the right in the world to be their fan and I wont accuse you of bandwagoning. Now, when everyone says theyre Yankee fans just because thats the cool thing to do, that pisses me off.
Dont shoot yourself in the head.