View post (Solos and improvising)

View thread

emmanuel79
emmanuel79
07/18/2001 8:27 am
I do not know what you may call it and I think the nearest name to it is the harmonic scales + some chromatic scales. I have learn all kind of scales without learning the names coz' I figure it out on my own and even found some ways how to combine scales and it sounds like a whole new scales. I have also figure out a method of picking and fingering that even for beginners there is a trick which let them play like a pro. OK, I have been playing for ten years and I have played from religious music,rocl alternative/grunge, classical/jazz music, heavy-metal, underground rock, blues, raggae, even our local traditional music I can play. Maybe I may not know all the terms perfectly well but I have the experience. OK, The first time I've been in this website there are many scale terms I may not know at least a few, but when I look at the tab, they all are familiar for what I have played before and none of them are alien to me. But if someone willing to explain it to me or teach me all those terms and what does it means, I am willing to exchange my knowledge an d experience with anyone. OK, so far I know terms such as the pentatonic, triad tonic, diminished, augmented, chromatic, natural/artificial harmonic. But some of those guitarist I have known, they said don't give a damn on those terms as long as you know what you can perform on the guitar and produce beautiful sound. It may sound true but at least I know what people is talking about. Anyway, I can give more tips on becoming a great guitarist and how to feel natural with those fretboards, strings, guitar picking and fingering technique. You can even close your eyes or even play the guitar at the back of your head without even looking at the freatboards. How??? This takes Eeperience to do it.
*Aliens Understand Music*