View post (Just ordered me a B-Day present)

View thread

PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
03/05/2006 10:29 pm
WOW! I'm lovin' this guitar! It feels, play's, and sounds great! I imediately had to change the tiny .09's out for some .10-.52's, and set it up for half a step down. Only had to adjust the intonation on 3 strings. Neck curve is just right. Action is perfect (for me at least). Virtually no fret buzz at all. The grover tuners are nice and smooth, and stay in tune.

The neck is very comfortable! It's a bit fatter than my PRS's "wide fat" neck, and slightly narrower. It's very comfortable to play on anywhere on the neck. The frets are of regular size (smaller than jumbo) and are very smooth. The fretboard is a nice dark silky smooth slab of rosewood, with abalone dots.

The body of the guitar is flawless, and very comfortable. It is a very well balanced guitar. You can feel the whole guitar resonate while playing, and it has a nice open tone to it when played unplugged.

The JB in the bridge sounds very nice, and seems a very good match with this guitar. I was a bit unsure about the Yamaha made PAF style in the neck, but after playing with it, I am quite impressed. It has a very nice vintage type tone.

I'm sure I've overlooked some things, so, if there's anything else you want to know about it just ask.

Here's a little clip I made the other night with it. The clean track used the middle position (both pickups), and the lead used the neck pickup (the very last little bit used the bridge).

Soundclip

Here are some pictures:

[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Tonja Renee's personal instructor[/FONT]

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<