View post (Line6 Variax 700 HT)

View thread

Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
03/01/2006 9:31 pm
Originally Posted by: PRSplaya

How does the neck feel compaired to the PRS wide fat carve? Any smaller than that and it feels too small to me. My schecter's neck was a bit too small for my taste. How well balanced is it? Is it neck heavey at all?
[/QUOTE]

It is a bit fatter and a little more clunky. It is well balanced and not at all neck heavy.

I prefer the PRS for playability but it is not really a fair comparison as it is mainly down to taste. This is not really a shredding machine it is a tone monster !

Are the tuning key's pretty good?
[/QUOTE]They are OK, I normally rip 'em off and put sprezles on at the first opportunity however I think Ill leave these ones alone.

How well does it respond to picking dynamics?
oh just fine, no problems ! Lead runs, double /triple stop double bends all are just yummy. Finger picking the acoustic models is also nice !

[QUOTE=PRSplaya] Do palm mutes sound right? I heard this was a problem for some when they first came out. Are different palm muting dynamics noticable?
I don't think this is a shredding machine however I palm mute a lot with out even knowing Im doing it to control dynamics and it suits my playing style just fine. If you want to wind up the distortion and palm mute a bunch if tritones well yep it will do that also.

[QUOTE=PRSplaya]How about the frets? Are they dressed well, or are there any rough/sharp edges?

How well was it setup when you got it? Did the action, intonation, and neck relief need adjusting much? Is there much or any fret buzz?

Fret dressing was fine, the action, neck bow and intonation were all good and the finish is lovely. It is just a shame about the bloody gig bag !!
My instructors page and www.studiotrax.net for all things recording.
my toons Brought to you by Dr BadGAS