View post (Should I change strings myself or send it in to a shop?)

View thread

Tonja_Renee
Official PRSplaya Groupie
Tonja_Renee
Official PRSplaya Groupie
02/20/2006 11:00 pm
From the very first time that I walked into the store and basically didn't know a thing about guitars (although I don't know much more now).. Dave (the Assistant Manager) was great he explained about laminate tops and solid tops and really alot of information about brands etc... and told me to go home and not to buy anything yet.. process the information, do a little research then come back. Which if he really wanted to he could of just about pawned anything off on my at the time and I would have bought it. I wanted a guitar, and I'm not good at waiting for anything... :p

I have always been intimidated by that whole scene - because I'm a woman and you kind of get the feeling when it comes to guitars that its a man's world. But being a chick that knows the difference between a cam and crank shaft I wasn't going to let that scare me off...

So when I showed up today with my guitar, embarrassed by the fact that I messed up - he was really great. He opened up my case and looked everything over and explained different things to me and was really great about it. I spent a fair amount of money on my first guitar, and he probably feels that if he makes a little investment of time on his part - that I would be back to buy more expensive guitars in the future...
Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance.