I'm feeling evil!

magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
02/10/2006 5:41 am
Originally Posted by: PonyOnegreat. here we go.

Indeed.....
Magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator

"If it feels right, play it. If it feels wrong, play it fasterā€ - Magicninja
www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 1
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
02/10/2006 5:41 am
Originally Posted by: 6strngs_2hmbkrssorry, I'll try to not let it go into a religious debate.. but I'm still going to feel evil for the rest of the day.. because I feel it's my right as an american!

Indeed......
Magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator

# 2
stackny
stackny
02/10/2006 5:53 am
Your interpretation is kind of ummm, stupid. The way you make it out to be a competition between these 2. The devil was the highest angel. He was chosen to cover the thrown of God. Then he went on to become jealous and took a bunch of his cronies with him. Youve made something so incredibly significant into a fight between two little boys. Out of spite, he tries to bring down all of God's creations, not because theyre competing. Might wanna look into it if youre gonna keep translating Biblical occurences into silly analogies just because you all the sudden think youre atheist. (which I have a hard time believing you actually are.)
Dont shoot yourself in the head.
# 3
stackny
stackny
02/10/2006 6:19 am
Originally Posted by: PonyOneIt is not significant unless you care. I don't care. Other people here don't care. It's no one's business what anyone else cares... so... stop caring... IMHO it's incredibly juvenile to take a pop at someone for their nonbelief or belief for that matter. I'm not calling you out on your faith and I won't, because it's none of my business.

When someone does a horrible job interpretting Biblical events, aka events that my life is based on, then I think Ive got the right to respond. You dont care??? Then whyd you post the message? Dont read the thread then, or just dont reply if its such an insignificant issue for you. Apparently 6strngs cares enough to talk about it, so Ill show common courtesy and respond.
# 4
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
02/10/2006 6:46 am
Originally Posted by: stacknyApparently 6strngs cares enough to talk about it, so Ill show common courtesy and respond.

jeez, dude, that's your idea of courtesy? calling me out, and saying you doubt that I'm an athiest? in all actuality, I consider myself more agnostic then athiest. though my myspace says I'm an athiest for some reason.. I don't remember why exactly.. but seriously dude, if you can point me to where in the bible it gives this whole satan leaving heaven situation, then we can clear some things up. I actually always had a hard time finding anything about satan in the bible whatsoever, save for the whole serpent in the garden of eden thing, and a bit in the book of revelations. I was beginning to doubt that the bible said anything about satan really at all, or if it was just the church making things up..
If you like cars see mine here
my spyspace
# 5
stackny
stackny
02/10/2006 6:48 am
Originally Posted by: PonyOneThe significance I'm referring to are what you refer to as "significant events." I don't care about these supposedly significant events, because I don't believe they took place. I do care when someone takes an unprovoked jab at someone else, no matter what it is. I'm a mod here, and in that it's part of my job to keep fights from starting. That's all. So... contextually speaking... all I'm saying I don't care about is the supposed God vs. Satan war. If you've based your life around that war then that's your business... I won't try to sway you.

What "unprovoked jab?" I simply said I have a hard time believing 6strngs is a fully converted atheist. Not a jab, just an observation. Why dont we keep this like previous religious debates: unless theres personal attacks or problems, mods keep out. If you think I did something wrong, drop me a pm. We'll discuss it.
# 6
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
02/10/2006 6:53 am
Originally Posted by: stacknyYour interpretation is kind of ummm, stupid. [/quote]
unprovoked jab #1
[quote=stackny]Might wanna look into it if youre gonna keep translating Biblical occurences into silly analogies just because you all the sudden think youre atheist. (which I have a hard time believing you actually are.)

unprovoked jab #2

you were saying?
my spyspace
# 7
stackny
stackny
02/10/2006 6:58 am
Originally Posted by: 6strngs_2hmbkrsunprovoked jab #1

unprovoked jab #2

you were saying?

THOSE are unprovoked jabs? Grow some skin boy.

Unprovoked? Not in my opinion.

Jabs? Blunt maybe, definitely not jabs. Not intended that way anyways.
# 8
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
02/10/2006 7:17 am
I'mm still waiting on those bible passages, otherwise your theory loses all credibility
my spyspace
# 9
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
02/10/2006 7:20 am
Originally Posted by: stacknyTHOSE are unprovoked jabs? Grow some skin boy.

Unprovoked? Not in my opinion.

Jabs? Blunt maybe, definitely not jabs. Not intended that way anyways.

in all honesty, I don't care, you can jab me all you want. I'm a guy who lives with constant verbal abuse from my parents, and people I would have considered friends.. it's nothing new to me. but it's against forum rules. so don't attack me, but you can attack my beliefs all you like.
my spyspace
# 10
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
02/10/2006 7:34 am
tell you what, I'm gonna go take half a bottle of nyquil and zonk out for the night. giving you some time to prepare your case. but I'll be back, probably around this time tomorrow night, and I hope to see some bible passages, if they exist.
my spyspace
# 11
stackny
stackny
02/10/2006 7:43 am
Ok, here we go. Now let me clarify, youre correct, Satan did not leave heaven he was cast out, but for good reason. Check out Revelation 12:7 first off. (Assuming you own a Bible, if not I can type it) That and the verses following that are on the devil being cast out of heaven. Now, the other stuff Ive yet to locate but Im gonna ask my dad who Im sure will know. Im going to Harrisburg tomorrow and wont be back til Sunday, but Ill be sure to get them up for you ASAP. Im not trying to take cheap shots at you, I just think you gave up way too easy.
# 12
jiujitsu_jesus
jiujitsu_jesus
02/10/2006 8:00 am
Without God, there would be no Monteverdi.

Without Satan, there would be no Impaled Nazarene.

I know which one I can do without.
"It's all folk music... I ain't never heard no horse sing!"
- Attributed variously to Leadbelly and Louis Armstrong

If at first you don't succeed, you are obviously not Chuck Norris.

l337iZmz r@wk o.K!!!??>
# 13
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
02/10/2006 8:40 am
So if you get banned you don't have to wonder why. Pay special attention to number 2. This includes but is not limited to: That's stupid!, That's bull****, That's a load of well you get the point. (Yes stackny the words "your interpretation is ummmm..stupid" falls in this category. The civil way to do it would be to say: I see your point but this is how I see it. Easy enough eh? That being said. We're watching.

From Schmange:
Some general rules to follow if you'd like to post here at Guitar Tricks

#1) Constantly circumventing or abusing the language filter by posting obscene language is definitely not allowed. Occasionally if it's part of a joke or if there's a specific purpose to getting a humorous point across it's fine ...up to a point.
But inciting anger or flaming someone with things like "bull****", or purposely altering the spelling of words like "f u * *" etc... is not allowed... period.
Replacing letters in obscene words that are obvious attempts to circumvent the language filter will get you banned.

#2) Saying outright that someone sucks or coming down on other members for their views... ie, trying to incite an argument or a flame attack is not allowed... period.

#3) There is no racism or other derogatory terms allowed at all....period

#4) Spamming the board with advertisements or crossposting in several forum areas is not allowed...period

The general USENET rules apply here. If you can't follow them, don't post here.

The moderators at Guitar Tricks stay pretty much on top of this sort of thing and will edit, remove or lock posts that break the rules.
People who break the rules will at first be warned by email. Numerous breaking of the rules will result in a 30 day ban and possible outright cancellation of your account.
Yes.. you can probably just sign up under another name, but you will lose any seniority here and if we suspect who you are, we'll just ban you again.
We track IP numbers so we'll also complain to your ISP.

When posting at Guitar Tricks...please be aware that this is a family board accesible by parents and their children and act accordingly.

Also be aware that there are about 40 moderators including the instructors here who frequent this board on a daily basis and keep track of multiple offenders in the administrations section.
Magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator

# 14
bigbuda
Vote For Pedro
bigbuda
Vote For Pedro
02/10/2006 8:56 am
Originally Posted by: stacknyOk, here we go. Now let me clarify, youre correct, Satan did not leave heaven he was cast out, but for good reason. Check out Revelation 12:7 first off. (Assuming you own a Bible, if not I can type it) That and the verses following that are on the devil being cast out of heaven. Now, the other stuff Ive yet to locate but Im gonna ask my dad who Im sure will know. Im going to Harrisburg tomorrow and wont be back til Sunday, but Ill be sure to get them up for you ASAP. Im not trying to take cheap shots at you, I just think you gave up way too easy.

Correct! Satan was indeed Cast out of heaven by God and fell for a very long time. I don't remember exactly how long he fell but it was days. Anyway, it's not the fall that hurts, it's the sudden stop at the bottom. :rolleyes:
I am a constant evolving music machine. Oh Man, I just forgot what I was playing. Oh well, on to the next song. :rolleyes:
# 15
stackny
stackny
02/10/2006 2:00 pm
Yeah, yeah, yeah. I know the drill. No personal attacks, no obscene language, yadda, yadda, yadda. I didnt swear, didnt personally attack him, just simply pointed out that his interpretation was silly. I didnt see his point so I wasnt gonna agree with him. I clearly understand the forum rules.
# 16
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
02/10/2006 3:41 pm
HA HA HA HA HAAAAA!!!! IT LIVES!!!! IT LIVES, GOD AS MY WITNESS, IT STILL LIVES!!!!!

I'll join in when I've regained my composure... and when I'm not on work hours.
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 17
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
02/10/2006 3:47 pm
Does anyone else get weirded out when people at an evangelical service start singing and they close their eyes, throw 1 (or both) hands up in the air, and start swaying from side to side? It puts me in the frame of mind of Jonestown.

I'm not trying to provoke anyone here, I'm just honestly curious if I'm the only one who gets a little creeped out from this.
Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel.
My YouTube Profile
# 18
jeffhx
Disco Bandit
jeffhx
Disco Bandit
02/10/2006 4:03 pm
it creeps me out too...lol...when they begin to get too into it...its downright scary man...
[FONT=Impact]grooviest tunes ever [/FONT]
# 19
Hammurabi
Hammurabi
02/10/2006 4:42 pm
Originally Posted by: LeedoggDoes anyone else get weirded out when people at an evangelical service start singing and they close their eyes, throw 1 (or both) hands up in the air, and start swaying from side to side?

If you think that's odd behavior you should visit a lively charismatic church in the middle of a 'revival' sometime.
"If one has realized a truth, that truth is valueless so long as there is lacking the indomitable will to turn this realization into action!"
-A.H.
# 20

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.