View post (Super Bowl!)

View thread

R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
02/07/2006 1:49 am
Waaah, waaah, waaah. I found no problem with the officiating, or at least any more than normal. Let's see:

1. The main call everyone talks about is the Steeler TD that stood upon challenge. Well watching it live most of his head clearly crossed the plane causing the call on the field (TD), yet the replay video wasn't conclusive to show otherwise. At the frame of importance the ball wasn't visible...now one could probably assume where it was in his arms (which in reality probably didn't cross the line) but the video just didn't show it. Perhaps you could rest better knowing that if it had not been called a TD on the field and challenged it wouldn't have been overturned either. But that's the video replay challenge rules, and how it should be.
2. Or how about the other challenge they (Seahawks) did win: the fumble by Hasselbeck that was overturned. Clearly it would've been easy to not spot the grazing fingertips of the Steeler at real speed, and the call was justly overturned.
3. How about the end zone offensive pass interference that costs the Hawks a TD? Clearly looked like a push off to me. The ref couldn't have been in a better spot to view it. Rightly called.
4. The only for sure bad call I know of is the blocking below the knees called on Hasselbeck after his interception. And that was what, 10 yards? Still doesn't change the fact that he threw the int. to begin with. Not a gamebreaker.

There's prolly a few more others might mention, but the fact of the matter is, the Hawks just could not end the drives that built up all those stats. Does anyone not remember the clutch sacks that killed several drives. And they missed how many field goals? But the most obvious thing was the confusion throughout the team...end of 1st half and the 2 min drill at the end. That was one of the worst clock management attempts I've ever seen. Besides, Madden is an idiot anyways...hate that guy, and his "we talk about..." every other sentence. Jeez, I won't miss him next year for sure!
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]"Bust a nut!" - Dimebag
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Einstein
[/FONT]