View post (Looking for things in your playing that doesn't sound like anyone else...)

View thread

Joseph
Joseph
06/13/2001 2:47 am
Originally posted by PonyOne
Lately, I've been playing a lot of surf/rockabilly style guitar with my band.

Try it.

Hey, I'll try anything once. Country Western music something that I always strayed from for the most part. But theres more to this music than meets the eye, or the ear for that matter, (especially when you add certain elements to your own technique.) But as the topic stands, its almost impossible to sound totally unlike any other musician on this planet, but still we try, and at certain portions of the day, we do succeed in more ways than one. What drives me to play guitar is my naural instincts, if I can just sit back and the end of the day & write something totally unlike anything Ive heard before, then I'm a happy camper. But its not easy. So yeah its great to experiment with different effects and different sounds, whatever it takes foir you to achieve the perfect sound.

Ive been looking the right people (down here in South florida) to collaborate with for quite sometime. Nothing too fancy, just a few people who are open minded and have enough patience. Although, I grew up in Massachucettes, and I'm thinking of going back...

-Joseph
www.ragmagazine.com
"Swoop and soar like the blues angels."