View post (100 greatest Rock guitarists of all time)

View thread

Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
01/04/2006 1:31 am
Originally Posted by: sott@cox.netHey where's eric johnson?

Same place as all the other guitarists that deserve a high five while Jack White is at number 17 and Joan Jett some how ended up on the list as well. I guess you've got to give Joan Jett credit since Rolling Stones needs to be politically correct since the entire rest of the list is men and women are inferior on the guitar even though Bonnie Raitt (one of more than I can think of off the top of my head) could kick her ass as well as most of the people on that list with her guitar any day. It seems like a magazine with such a musical reputation as Rolling Stones should know that. Seriously, I can't help but wonder what's going through their minds. Can they possibly really believe that Joan Jett could out do Satriani, Eric Johnson, Vai, Raitt, Slash, Zakk Wylde, Michael Hedges, Leo Kottke, or any other great guitarist? I find it absolutely disgusting. And it's bad enough they take the time to compile this list of nothing, they smear it all over the place as though they stumbled upon a stone tablet dating 3,000 bc that officially declares that these people are the best and that's all there is to it as though real musicians should even give a ****. Really... broken down, who cares? There are plenty of guitarists that can do way better finger picking than I can, but you know what? I can sweep their asses away, then someone will out sweep me. After that another guy will come in and make a jazzy piece that the last guy would've never thought up. Does it accomplish anything? No. Not a single thing. Why's that? Because we're all playing things completely different. And after th is, I'd like to apoligize because I didn't expect this to get so... big. Crap like this just gets me riled up.
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.