View post (Jitters)

View thread

Danny C.
Danny C.
01/06/2006 4:17 am
This is gonna be long! Well for anyone who is interested, I played tonight at the big game. There were a lot more people there than I thought. We played three different times. We sounded awesome, my best performance was my first, people were actually interested in pep band for the first time. My "friend" who choked at the last game, flaked out this time and didn't even show up, and wouldn't tell me where he was going, leaving all the guitar to me. Which I wound up being thankful for since I played very well tonight, and I could claim all the glory :cool: We all had a blast even though it wasn't perfect, we all got into the music. My other ,good, friend plays bass and he was doing funky dances and that got people pumped. At the end however, they wanted us to play Smoke on the Water again. My guitar instructor, also the band teacher, told me to really turn it up and play loud this time. So I did, too loud. I was back in a corner and I guess i was too close to my amp and made an awful blaring noise. I managed to pull myself together after that though and we played the rest well. Over all we had a blast which is all that matters right!? Plus the ladies thought I was cool too ;)
The greatest enemy to what you can know, is what you already know.

It's not how good you play, its how well you play it.