View post (Close Your Eyes...)

View thread

Joseph
Joseph
06/02/2001 5:25 am
We've all been there before, where we are able to feel the music we are playing and just feel what happens next. For a lot of us we all try to find certain object in the room to focus on, and a lot of stare intently at the fretbosrd throughout our whole practice session (performance.) But its an amazing feeling when you can just close your eyes and let the muic guide you. Although precision is very important, dso you guys tenbd to let the sounds guide you, without the hassel of constantly looking down on your fret board? I love to move around on stage, (although its been a while) but every now and then we find our sweet spot n stage where we are 100 percent in tone with the music, and precision is all in our mind...

Playing guitar is a wonderful break from everydays confusion, I don't know what Ide do without those much needed practice sessions when everyone goes home at night, and when all of the lights go out, (except for the candles, you've gotta love candles.) When I'm up on stage, and for most people, its safe to say that we're a bit too paranoid to close our eyes through the entire set, especially if where just sitting down. Its hard to please ourselves, and sometimes we make it even harder to please others. Ive watch STevie Ray Vaughan on stsge, and its amazing how he can just cut loose for those solos with his eyes shut, and he hardy ever misses a note. Thats what its all bout, when you can physically and mentally feel the music. I know it takes years before any of us can get to this tage, and sometimes it never really become a reality, but its something to antisipate...

-Joseph
www.ragmagazine.com
"Swoop and soar like the blues angels."