View post (Trying to find an album)

View thread

MSF06
HAZMAT
MSF06
HAZMAT
12/21/2005 11:35 pm
With the diversity of the players on here perhaps someone will be able to help me out.

In the mid to late 80's I had an album that was a compilation of different rock guitarists. The cover was a picture of a battle field with animated pictures of the different guitarists dressed in camo, some tanks in the background, bombs going off, severed heads, the typical animated war pic of the time. I do not remember who was on it or the names of any of the songs (it has been a long, long while since it was stolen).

Does any one know what album it is? May be some of you older players will know since it was an album and not a cd ;) I believe it was produced some time in the early 80's ('83 I think but again, it has been a while).

I do remember a few solos on it that I listened to over and over and were some of the most technical solos I have heard. Talk about walking around the fret board, these guys were trying to win gold in a 100m sprint ;) and the sounds that came out of their guitars were amazing. At least they were back then. If I recall (could be combining albums here) one of the solos was played with no effects other then what could be done by hand on the guitar ... I am just rambling now so I will stop.

Thanks
MSF
[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]Practice does not make you perfect. Perfect practice makes you perfect.[/FONT]