New Amp???

6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
12/21/2005 7:12 am
hey, got my XXX today, it's really sweet, though I didn't have much time to experiment much. very nice amp though (and not near as loud as most people say tube amps are, which was a good thing!) the digital effects (though I only tried using delay) aren't half bad either.
If you like cars see mine here
my spyspace
# 1
PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
12/21/2005 1:45 pm
If it's like the head version, and has a bypassable effects loop via a footswitch, then here's a trick. If you need more volume, or a volume boost, set your regular volume where you want it, then turn on the effects loop and adjust the send and return levels so you get the amount of boost or total volume you desire. If you have them turned all the way down it will make the amp quieter than it really is.
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Tonja Renee's personal instructor[/FONT]

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 2
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
12/21/2005 6:14 pm
yeah, I didn't try messing with the volume boost yet (there is a volume boost in the digital effects section, I didn't see and knobs for send/return, though I did see send and return jacks on the back.)

I haven't figured out the footswitch yet. it has like 3 presets, which will take you to the certain channel with the certain effects that you set it at. I don't know if it remembers your knob settings as well or not. but anyway, I need to set it up so that it has volume boost on the clean channel. because the crunch is significantly louder, and I just set up the ultra channel to be the same volume as the crunch. so the clean gets kinda drowned out. I wish the clean channel had it's own seperate volume.

I think I may actually have to read the manual on this one :rolleyes:
my spyspace
# 3
PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
12/21/2005 6:27 pm
Yeah, that's a lot different than the head version. Other than not having any effects, it has separate tone and volume controlls for all 3 channels and then a Master volume.

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 4
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
12/21/2005 6:38 pm
Originally Posted by: PRSplayaYeah, that's a lot different than the head version. Other than not having any effects, it has separate tone and volume controlls for all 3 channels and then a Master volume.

I have controls for the ultra, and controls that control the clean and crunch... and there's no master volume.

and turning the volume all the way on the clean doesn't do much, you have to turn the gain up to get significant more volume, but then when you switch to crunch, it has more gain then you wanted it to.. oh well, I just need some time to mess with it I guess. but I can't... right now it's sitting at my church, becuase I don't think I'm going to be able to drag that monster to and from my house every week... it weighs a ton! I think even more then my fender 2x12" did. and this is only a 1x12"!
my spyspace
# 5
PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
12/21/2005 6:40 pm
Well that's kinda shotty about the controll layout :confused:

yeah, tube amps usually way a lot more than SS amps. The XXX head alone weighs around 60lbs.

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 6

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.