im pissed off

markc2005
markc2005
11/30/2005 7:57 pm
Originally Posted by: elklanderccWhats wrong with it, mabey I can help ya.

the problem is that it wont load the firmware on the ipod it just loads the apple logo then restarts repeatedly, second prblem i cannot get it to connect to my pc if i could i could fix it i know if i press a few buttons it goes into disk mode but i just says ok to disconnect and therefore isnt conected. It shows a picture of a file with a exclemation point i think it meen missing files in the operating system
And because off all this i cannot view it in my computer or itunes so i cant restore it or format it.
humans aren't imortal
but rock and roll will never die
:cool:

my soundclick page nothing very impressive though
# 1
guitarfreak141
Obsessed Freak
guitarfreak141
Obsessed Freak
11/30/2005 8:06 pm
Originally Posted by: markc2005the problem is that it wont load the firmware on the ipod it just loads the apple logo then restarts repeatedly, second prblem i cannot get it to connect to my pc if i could i could fix it i know if i press a few buttons it goes into disk mode but i just says ok to disconnect and therefore isnt conected. It shows a picture of a file with a exclemation point i think it meen missing files in the operating system
And because off all this i cannot view it in my computer or itunes so i cant restore it or format it.

try checking the support section on apple.com, what annoys me though is you have to pay for phone support

have you switched computers or has your computer failed or anything or is it exactly the same, no changes?
If there's one thing I've learned, it's that life is one crushing defeat after another until you just wish Flanders was dead.

Rock stars ... is there anything they don't know?
# 2
elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
11/30/2005 11:22 pm
Try re-booting the ipod. Turn the hold on then off, then hold the center button and menu simoultaniosly (sp?) untill the logo appears. Then try re-installing your software. MY ipod takes a good minute or so to connect to my computer so....
"During this line, the kid acted like he was pushing buttons on a calculator in the air. The kid played ******* air-calculator!"

Myspace
# 3
Weslaba
My Baby's a Fender!
Weslaba
My Baby's a Fender!
12/01/2005 1:03 am
Well.....If you did anything to yours like I did to mine, then just forget the rebooting it thing....I was constantly disconnecting it when loading songs(while it said not to) , and on about the 5th time, I got frustrated when it was struggling to load a 12 minute version of "Machine Gun," off the Band of Gypsys CD. The next thing I knew, all my songs were gone, and on the "about" menu, it read....capacity: 0Gb ......:( sucks for me, and I doubt that i could get a warranty...not to mention I currently am unaware of its location as well. But good luck with yours :)
"Gypsy flies from coast to coast, knowing many loving none." -Allmans

SoundClick Page

Myspace Page (Add Me) (I'm better than you... Or am I :eek: )
# 4
markc2005
markc2005
12/01/2005 10:46 am
ok i quite happy now the solution i have found is to turn my ipod on then hold down action fast forward and rewind until it goes into diagnostic mode then plugginf it into my pc and selecting usb dick in the diagnostic menu then my pc recognizes it and i can resotre it in the ipod updater, im so happy i can get my music back lol. Now just need to reinstall itune to get it to recognize my ipod
humans aren't imortal
but rock and roll will never die
:cool:

my soundclick page nothing very impressive though
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.