View post (All Time Fantasy Band)

View thread

Rsam16
Rsam16
11/21/2005 8:40 pm
Originally Posted by: FretfireAhh...okey...I thought Jolly was questioning Jimmy's greatness.

I agree with that sloppy playing thing....I've seen him play "Stairway solo" on VH1 live, and his pick really miss some strings sometime and he played it not that clear as on their album.....but what about the Plagiarism, can you please give some song he plagiarise?

I was really surprised, I never thought he would do that....Thanks :)

You Shook Me is a blues song written by Willie Dixon and J.B. Lenoir. Earl Hooker first recorded it as an instrumental which was then overdubbed with vocals by Muddy Waters in 1962. It was later recorded by various rock musicians, including Jeff Beck on his album Truth and most famously by the rock group Led Zeppelin on their debut album. On the Zeppelin recording John Paul Jones double tracked the organ and the electric piano.

Since the Zeppelin version was released in 1969, one year after Beck's, he accused them of stealing his idea. The Zeppelin version is one of the few songs to showcase the talents of all four members, and the band played it frequently at their early live shows. It was the first of their songs to feature the call-and-response blues style of music.

Led Zeppelin did not originally credit Dixon for the song. He sued, won a substantial amount of money, and his name was placed in the credits.

Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/You_Shook_Me"
[FONT=Century Gothic]RSAM16[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]GuitarTricks Resident Eric Clapton Fan[/FONT]