View post (Epiphone El-Cheapo...)

View thread

rockonn91
rockonn91
11/14/2005 8:21 pm
its a personal taste thing i suppose. i just have very good relations with Agile, and not so much with Epiphone.

your right, the epiphone has some good reveiws. has an allaround rating of 8.3 at Harmony Central. the fact is, low-end epi's dont have the greatest quality.

Agile, well it has basically the same overall rating (8.9) at harmony central

ok, so my personal reasons that i'd go for the Agile.
one, the price. that Agile is basically the same price as the Epiphone.
two, the look. this may not seem important, but it is. look at both, and i think you'll agree the Agile looks way better/more professional.
three- the epiphone's body was made of alder/maple, while Agile's is Mahogany. its hard to explain the difference, but mahogany is very rich and full. heavyer tho.
Four- the epiphone and agile to a little switch of the woods here- epiphone uses mahogany for the neck and agile uses maple. epiphone has the edge for that one.
Five- the electronics on the Agile give you a much better selection of tones- it has 2 volumes and 2 tones, the epiphone just has one of each.
Six and final- the reviews. ok, on musician's friend, it says "Nov 7, 2005 - Not a bad guitar. I've had it for about 10 months now. Sweet Chrome hardware, Loooong sustain, and easy neck. However my nut broke, G doesn't stay in tune, high action and intonation needed adjusted and very heavy body! I sanded my plain looking ebony model down and refinished it after I fixed the nut and now I love it!!"
that may sound fine to you, but the stuff i hear are stuff like, "my nut broke", "G doesnt stay in tune" not good. i know the Agile has grover tuners, so it wont go out of tune, the epiphone doesnt say. i actually cant find many true specs about this guitar anywhere, not even the Epiphone website...

alright, im done ranting.

what it all comes down to is your opinion. you're not going to find the Agile in any stores, dont even try. try and find the Special II in a store and ask to play it. mabie it'll be just right for you. but if you look at all the features and stuff on the agile and just compare them both, the Agile seems way better
JK :cool:

-Agile Guitars Enthusiast