View post (Epiphone El-Cheapo...)

View thread

binfordtools
binfordtools
11/14/2005 2:26 am
Since I started taking lessons I have been using an acoustic guitar. I have an Ovation Balladeer that I love; it does everything I need for right now. I want to get an electric, so my wife said she would get me one for Christmas. The only issue, with our 2 boys and a rough few years, we are not rolling in money at the moment. After doing a lot of reading, I believe that I have narrowed it down to a Vox amp (AD30VT), and an Epiphone Special II Les Paul copy. Both got good reviews from various websites but I also wanted to get your opinions. I fully understand that the Special II is not going to have the tone quality as some of the more expensive models, but considering that I am JUST starting the guitar, I think that it would be a pretty good place to start. I will upgrade later as I get better, and as we got more finically secure.
Do you think that for my needs this would be a good combination, or for $400.00 for everything could I do better?

Thanks all.
"I'm a rocker dude through and through. I like Van Halen, not Van Hagar" - Joe Dirt