Our singer has a girly voice (hes a he)

3fingeredblues
3fingeredblues
10/29/2005 12:54 am
Originally Posted by: 3fingeredbluesHow rude can you be, Jolly? How about offering real advice rather than a crude statement like "puberty perhaps...testicles?" Good grief.

DOD make a multi effects processor called the VoTech, I beleive discontinued though, dedicated to vocals that can also be used during live performance.

Digitech also makes some vocal processors such as the VX 300, and the VX400.

These are only masking what the problem is though....voice lessons may help, but he just plain might be "wrong" for your band, and fit in extremely well in another band.

Now that I think of it, I seem to remember seeing a band years ago where the singer used an octave pedal, meant for guitar, on his vocals and he sounded like an ogre when using it. Of course you would want something that added a lower octave....like the old BOSS OC-2 which has two lower octaves that can be combined or used individually. Just cause it was made for a guitar doesn't mean that it can't be used for vocals as well. Be creative.

Good luck.

I did offer some real ideas to help. Jolly only offered sarcasm.
# 1
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
10/30/2005 9:54 am
Originally Posted by: 3fingeredbluesI did offer some real ideas to help. Jolly only offered sarcasm.

Look, could you not point out every time I'm sarcastic? People know I'm being sarcastic. If you're gonna point it out to me, do it in a pm so we don't clog any more threads.
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

My band is better than yours...
# 2
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
10/30/2005 4:06 pm
Originally Posted by: Jolly McJollysonLook, could you not point out every time I'm sarcastic? People know I'm being sarcastic. If you're gonna point it out to me, do it in a pm so we don't clog any more threads.
[font=trebuchet ms]Mr. 3fingeredblues will be absent from this assembly....

Permanently.

He sent some unacceptably caustic e-mails to a couple of our moderators.[/font]
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 3
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
10/30/2005 6:10 pm
Originally Posted by: Lordathestrings[font=trebuchet ms]Mr. 3fingeredblues will be absent from this assembly....

Permanently.

So far everyone I've wanted to be banned has been banned. I think I have magic, psychic powers.
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

# 4
Willdridge
Willdridge
10/30/2005 6:11 pm
Originally Posted by: Jolly McJollysonSo far everyone I've wanted to be banned has been banned. I think I have magic, psychic powers.

Remind me not to get on the wrong side of you Jolly... ;)
Don't worry too much about me, ignore me long enough and I'll go away.
# 5
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
10/31/2005 1:37 am
Originally Posted by: WilldridgeRemind me not to get on the wrong side of you Jolly... ;)

Don't worry, so far you're not. BUT BEWARE MY MAGIC, PSYCHIC BANNING POWERS!
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

# 6
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
10/31/2005 2:47 am
Originally Posted by: Jolly McJollysonDon't worry, so far you're not. BUT BEWARE MY MAGIC, PSYCHIC BANNING POWERS!
[font=trebuchet ms]hmmm...

Have you heard the tale of the rooster who thought he made the sun rise?[/font] :(
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 7
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
10/31/2005 3:09 am
Originally Posted by: Lordathestrings[font=trebuchet ms]hmmm...

Have you heard the tale of the rooster who thought he made the sun rise?[/font] :(

Hahaha, yeah, but the rooster wasn't being fascicious.
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

# 8
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
10/31/2005 5:24 am
Originally Posted by: Lordathestrings[font=trebuchet ms]Mr. 3fingeredblues will be absent from this assembly....

Permanently.

you banned him :eek:

he was actually a really cool guy. and he was a luthier, he gave me lots of tips through PM's on how to get into luthiery, what schools would be good etc. it was very helpful as I'm looking at becoming a luthier.

he was actually really cool most of the time, and this thread just goes to show you how eager he was to help people... he just did it in the wrong way I guess... :(
If you like cars see mine here
my spyspace
# 9
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
10/31/2005 5:49 am
Originally Posted by: 6strngs_2hmbkrsyou banned him :eek:

he was actually a really cool guy. and he was a luthier, he gave me lots of tips through PM's on how to get into luthiery, what schools would be good etc. it was very helpful as I'm looking at becoming a luthier.

he was actually really cool most of the time, and this thread just goes to show you how eager he was to help people... he just did it in the wrong way I guess... :(

I hated him. He was eager to do nothing but be a jerk.
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

# 10
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
10/31/2005 6:23 am
Originally Posted by: Jolly McJollysonI hated him. He was eager to do nothing but be a jerk.

well, yeah, I guess he wasn't the nicest all the time... well he was to me... but I guess not to everyone else on here... so perhaps it's better this way... I didn't get to ask him about painting guitars though... *sigh* oh well
my spyspace
# 11
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
10/31/2005 6:37 am
Originally Posted by: 6strngs_2hmbkrswell, yeah, I guess he wasn't the nicest all the time... well he was to me... but I guess not to everyone else on here... so perhaps it's better this way... I didn't get to ask him about painting guitars though... *sigh* oh well

Haha, well, he was fairly nice, he just had it out for me because he didn't like me.
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

# 12
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
10/31/2005 4:16 pm
Originally Posted by: Jolly McJollysonHaha, well, he was fairly nice, he just had it out for me because he didn't like me.

tis true I suppose... and an enemy of jolly's is an enemy of mine... why? cause I love people like you who don't take everything in life so serioulsy, that's how I try to live, and there aren't enough people like that nowadays...
my spyspace
# 13
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
10/31/2005 4:28 pm
Originally Posted by: 6strngs_2hmbkrstis true I suppose... and an enemy of jolly's is an enemy of mine... why? cause I love people like you who don't take everything in life so serioulsy, that's how I try to live, and there aren't enough people like that nowadays...

Good to hear that, man. People care too much (people care too little, too) and then everybody's stressed out. Forget that, when I die, I don't want it to be stress-related.
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

# 14
Willdridge
Willdridge
10/31/2005 9:07 pm
Originally Posted by: Jolly McJollysonGood to hear that, man. People care too much (people care too little, too) and then everybody's stressed out. Forget that, when I die, I don't want it to be stress-related.

Life's too short to worry, too long to regret - but just right for living.
# 15
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
10/31/2005 9:11 pm
Originally Posted by: WilldridgeLife's too short to worry, too long to regret - but just right for living.

and just right for porking around... right? lol
my spyspace
# 16
Willdridge
Willdridge
10/31/2005 9:14 pm
Originally Posted by: 6strngs_2hmbkrsand just right for porking around... right? lol

Did I miss porking?...damn - there's always room for porking... ;)
# 17
Willdridge
Willdridge
10/31/2005 10:10 pm
Originally Posted by: AkiraAnyone else made a transition in their views of life? Or want to share their views on life?

Girly singers to life views, hmm, can tell i'm at GT! :D

I've made several over the last five years or so...I've been to some very dark places in the past, but coming through those has made me realise how fun it can be just doing what you do; not getting caught up or consumed by trivial things. For me, I realised that all you've got, when it really comes down it, is what you make of life - not what you're told your life should be.

I'm in the process of going through another transistion...I'm considering emergrating (or returning seeing as I was born there) to New Zealand...I've realised there's nothing here that I'm actually tied to, and I'm bored and tired of all the nonsense that goes on in the UK, (I'm not daft enough to think NZ is without its own issues, "a change is as good as a holiday" type thing I guess). (God, I gone a bit, don't I?)...Anyway, enough!

Anyone else gone through or going through transistion they'd care to share?

And, yeah - you're definately at GT! ;)
# 18
Danny C.
Danny C.
10/31/2005 10:41 pm
Well one thing is everyone around me is pressuring me to go to college and get a good high paying job all the time. Since I am a senior this year, everyone is freaking out about graduation and any time anyone talks to me, it always starts out, whatcha gonna do when you graduate. I dont know, there are so many options out there now. I have decided to not worry so much about the future, plan for it, but not stress out over it, which I used to do. I enjoy coasting through high school and goofing off all the time, I don't take life as serious as most and it makes life more enjoyable.
The greatest enemy to what you can know, is what you already know.

It's not how good you play, its how well you play it.
# 19
Danny C.
Danny C.
11/01/2005 3:08 am
Haha, thats a heck of a spud :)
The greatest enemy to what you can know, is what you already know.

It's not how good you play, its how well you play it.
# 20

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.