View post (System Of A Down)

View thread

Willdridge
Willdridge
10/21/2005 6:59 pm
Originally Posted by: TheWizard
yea so they didn't rip that off at all

but anyway, coming from a guy who listends to Dream Theater, Sabbath, Sabbath, Rush, Yes, Marillion, Pink Floyd, etc. etc. I was really expecting to hate SOAD, but I heard some of the new CD and i was really suprised at how interesting some of the songs were, the only title I remember was 'radio/video' but were some really cool time changes, riffs, chords, and melodies, I'd listen to them again

Maybe they were, maybe they weren't - but does it really matter if the lyrics have appeared in other songs? Using someone else's song as inspiration is no worse than an artist referencing their own (Bowie's "Ashes to ashes, funk to funkie, we know Major Tom's a junkie") in my opinion.
You're right about all those elements you've mentioned, and they're also tight as a unit - and they have stage presence.

I've seen them live and, Jolly, saying that they can't play suggests to me you've never taken the time to actually listen to them.

I have one last thought, because this debate and it's "my opinions" are starting to go around in circles...Jolly, and anyone else for that matter - for someone who dislikes the band and their music so much, you seem to spend an awful lot of time thinking about it.
If you're so against their music, or even just them, why did you even read this thread, let alone spend time replying to it? Why not invest your time talking about the bands you do like on other threads? Or playing your guitar and recording the music that'll be the demise of System? Thereby, you'll never have to listen to System or their "moronic lyrics" again.

Just a thought.
Don't worry too much about me, ignore me long enough and I'll go away.