View post (System Of A Down)

View thread

TheWizard
TheWizard
10/21/2005 6:34 pm
Originally Posted by: elklanderccFirst off, their Steal this Album was crap. But they regained theirself with Mezmerize. But a lot of their songs have meanings of the war and how their against it. Like the intro, it talks about a soldier standing there alone as his friends are dying around him. "Why do we always send the poor" is refering to the mass amounts of low class people signing up for the military while congress keeps their sons safe at college. If you check out lyrics you will see tons of stuff. Ex: We're the propagators of all genocide, Burning through the world's resources, then we turn and hide.....The kinda **** thats on your TV!,The kinda **** thats on your TV!,It's on the TV,It's on your TV,Turn off your TV,Can you say brainwashing?......What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?!!!............Stuff like that.

have you ever heard of Black Sabbath? Read the lyrics to "War Pigs" and think about where SOAD got their ideas for lyrics....

Generals gathered in their masses
Just like witches at black masses
Evil minds that plot destruction
Sorcerers of death’s construction
In the fields the bodies burning
As the war machine keeps turning
Death and hatred to mankind
Poisoning their brainwashed minds, oh lord yeah!

[U]Politicians hide themselves away
They only started the war
Why should they go out to fight?
They leave that role to the poor[/U]

Time will tell on their power minds
Making war just for fun
Treating people just like pawns in chess
Wait ’till their judgement day comes, yeah!

Now in darkness, world stops turning
As the war machine keeps burning
No more war pigs of the power
Hand of God has sturck the hour
Day of judgement, God is calling
On their knees, the war pigs crawling
Begging mercy for their sins
Satan, laughing, spreads his wings
All right now!

yea so they didn't rip that off at all

but anyway, coming from a guy who listends to Dream Theater, Zeppelin, Sabbath, Rush, Yes, Marillion, Pink Floyd, etc. etc. I was really expecting to hate SOAD, but I heard some of the new CD and i was really suprised at how interesting some of the songs were, the only title I remember was 'radio/video' but were some really cool time changes, riffs, chords, and melodies, I'd listen to them again
Alas Gandalf lives, Middle Earth is again safe...