View post (System Of A Down)

View thread

Willdridge
Willdridge
10/20/2005 11:24 pm
Originally Posted by: RaskolnikovBut does not the point Jolly makes apply to all of those situations equally well? Did not Saladin advize King Richard that if he continued to insist on leading from the front (in fact, knee deep in the battle) that it would one day cost him his life?[/QUOTE]

This isn't the point I was trying to make, (although it is valid). I don't think "Why don't President's fight the war" means leading from the front, I simply think that it's an observation that war is often entered by leaders, (and I don't mean President, the "Mein Furer" (and I do mean Hitler) line is as important, as is my other examples of world leaders) who have little regard (or perhaps realisation is more the word I'm after) for the life's of the soldier's who actually go fight the battles.

For the record, I supported, and still do, the war against Saddam (and it was a war against Saddam, not Iraq).

But isn't this all irrelevant?

[QUOTE=Willdridge]Is anyone else eagerly awaiting 'Hypnotize'?
This is what the thread was all about - I'd be happy to continue this discussion, but I don't believe the path's it's leading down belong to this thread.
Don't worry too much about me, ignore me long enough and I'll go away.