View post (Line 6 Spider II combo)

View thread

JonnyPrice
JonnyPrice
10/25/2005 11:40 pm
I have been a keen guitarist for roughly 4 years now, and have been in a battle/thrash metal band (The Spoons - www.thespoons.net) for a good three years.

In the past I have had the priviledge of playing a fair line of AMPage (Including, Marshall: Mode 4, a couple of TSL 100-JCM 2000 triple lead's, JCM 900, JCM 800, MG100DFX; Line 6: the old red model and the spider II 212; Mesa Boogie: Dual Rectifier), to name a few.

...BUT the amp out of that whole list which really does it for me, is the Line 6 spider II!
It is truly a great amp, with great versatility and fabulous tone. It is also the only amp mentioned which happens to be solid state, opposed to valve, and works purely digitally. This amp offers so much at such an affordable price!

The Line 6 Spider II range, have gone where other amps daren't not go! They have acheived great tone in all respects, all the way from a light blissful clean - TO - a raging neighbour scaring InSaNe!

However, you may argue, "so what, I've tried out a few different branded amps which give me the same impression."
...but it doesn't stop there. There are four main things, which stand out to me as a guitarist, making this amp truly original, which other amps just do not possess:

1. NOISE GATE - this allows you to cut out all hissing and buzzing you may gain from the guitar or lead etc. giving you a beautiful crisp sound, intensifying the incredible tone, all at the click of a button.

2. DRIVE BOOSTER - this simply gives you even more control over your sound, allowing you to achieve the perfect tone.

3. RECORDED SETTINGS - being that the amp is digital you can store your perfect tones by saving them, so in the event of a gig you can switch between your previously perfected and recorded settings via the footswitch.

4. USB + MP3/CD PORTS - the USB port allows you to connect the amp up to your computer or mixing desk (in the event of recording), and record directly.
The Mp3 & Cd port enables you to plug your Mp3 or Cd player into the amp, further allowing you to be able to play along with your desired selection.

In addition to what I have said, the Spider II range has won multiple awards, the one most notible to myself is 'the best amp of 2004 (under £500)' - Total Guitar.

Need I say anymore. :rolleyes: