View post (future of guitars....)

View thread

Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
10/06/2005 3:28 pm
Originally Posted by: aschleman... I will go ahead and say that if PRS ever gets to the point that they start MASS producing guitars and selling guitars in the numbers that Fender and Gibson do.... They will have poor quality control as well. ...
[font=trebuchet ms]I agree, but I do not accept that as an inevitable result of high-volume production. Take a long, close look at Yamaha guitars. They arrive at the dealerships already set up. The fit and finish is always good-to-go. I bought my first SBG1000 back in 1984 because it was a better guitar than the Gibson Les Paul Custom I originally set out to buy that day. Quality Control is a matter of the cultural mindset of the people who do the work. American manufacturers that do not instill a culture of quality result in sloppy workmanship. So far, it looks like PRS does cultivate a quality-oriented workforce, resulting in high-quality products. Heritage makes guitars the way Gibson should do, and the results are uniformly excellent.[/font]
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons