View post (future of guitars....)

View thread

aschleman
aschleman
10/06/2005 3:04 pm
If we're going to talk about poor quality control among Fender and Gibson... I will go ahead and say that if PRS ever gets to the point that they start MASS producing guitars and selling guitars in the numbers that Fender and Gibson do.... They will have poor quality control as well. As long as a basic PRS model still costs more than 1800 dollars... they will never replace anyone on a full-market scale... They may take over the Higher end of the market... in which they pretty much have... and Gibson is starting to pric themselves out of that hot spot. I think that the reason yuo see a ton of people playing PRS guitars in the industry is because it gives them the sound they want. Every modern rock band that I have seen live in the last year and a half has atleast one... in most cases 2 or 3... guitar players playing PRS guitars. These are groups like Shinedown, 3 days grace, 3 doors down, breaking benjamin, chevelle, seether, no address, linkin park, alter bridge, and a whole host of other bands... This is how it breaks down to me... Classic Rock: Les Pauls, Blues: Stratocaster, Rock/Pop: PRS, Metal: ESP/Ibanez. They each have their target audiences