View post (future of guitars....)

View thread

PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
10/04/2005 12:41 pm
Originally Posted by: tehplatypusit seems to me that parker and prs are taking fender and gibson's places as the constant quality guitars. i realize fender and gibson will always survive because of their history and fender has been making moves lately to try to catch up...but overall, it seems the direction of guitars is moving more towards parker and prs...more specifically prs since they have more celebrity backing right now and won that lawsuit with gibson over their single cut model.

what leads me to say this is mainly not only artist support but that while gibson and fenders are hit or miss in many cases with not only their foriegn guitars but also their domestic models while parker and prs both seem very consistantly quality with both domestic and models made out of the country. better product eventually means more popular product, right?

will we possibly be asking in the future if someone is more a parker guy or a prs guy instead of a fender guy or gibson guy?

I think this goes more along with the younger guitar crowd. PRS and/or Parker might be the popular "trend" at the moment, but as has been said, there is no substitute for a real Les Paul, or Strat. However, it is true that Gibson and Fender have sub pare QC when compaired to PRS (can't speak for Parker, can't stand them myself). BUT, there will alway's be a dud or two that slip through, and that goes for any company. I'm not saying they don't make great guitars, because they do... They're just not as consistant.

When I went to the music store to purchase a new guitar a few years ago, I didn't go with my mind set on a PRS, or anything particular for that matter. I sat down and played a few Fenders, Gibsons, Ibanez, PRS, and a few more. I played them all acoustically, with no amp. I picked the one that felt like it was made for my hands. It just so happened to be a PRS, and luckily, it sounded pretty darn good as well. I still like Gibsons and Fenders, and plan to own a few of both some day, but at the moment... I couldn't be happier with my PRS.

People need to stop playing with their eyes, and start playing with their hands and ears. It's not a question of who makes the better guitar, it's a question of who makes the right guitar for you.
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Tonja Renee's personal instructor[/FONT]

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<