View post (The best concert you been to????)

View thread

aschleman
aschleman
10/13/2005 2:52 pm
Oh man.... Best show... I can't even think straight... Lets see... GnR and Metallica in 1992 when I was 9 years old... that was my first concert. My big brother took me... It would have been a million times better if I were the age I am now though... I've seen Dave Matthews 11 times... Every show except this years was absolutly amazing. Been to Ozzfest... it was okay... Sabbath didn't even play... But I saw Zakk Wylde thats all I wanted to see. Saw Metallica last summer when Godsmack opened for them. It was an awesome show... Seen Incubus. They put on one hell of a show, and suprisingly have good moshpits... Breaking Benjamin was good, Shinedown was good, Seether and Evanesence was awesome... I've also seen Jack Johnson 3 times... and one time he was with Ben Harper... that was f'n awesome. I saw Robert Plant and Jerry Cantrell in the same weekend on back to back nights at the House of Blues in Chicago... I also saw Steve Vai and Eric Sardinas at the House of Blues in Chicago... Sardinas was awwwwwesome, and Vai will blow you away. I would have to say.... that THE best concert I have been to... would have to have been Dave Matthews Band in 1998... I saw them at Deer Creek... now known as Verizon Wireless Center in Noblesville, IN.... It was pouring down rain and they almost cancelled the show.... Dave came out and played a song called "J.T.R." by himself when he wasn't suppose to... In the chorus it says "Rain, Rain, Rain down on me" and so on. The crowd went nuts and the rest of the band came on and played one of the best shows they have ever played.... it was great. That comes in first very slightly ahead of the GnR/Metallica tour... with special guest Faith No More. Just because I can't really remember everything about it and I was too young to fully enjoy it. But I got a t-shirt from it still to this day. haha.