View post (Epiphone vs Gibson)

View thread

6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
09/27/2005 6:46 am
Originally Posted by: PonyOneYou can get the faded SG and IMHO, if you're dead set on a Gibson product, it's a better way to go. I only really sort of trust Gibson's quality, since I've had friends who have had to take their Gibson's back for repairs for stuff my Fenders shrug off, but after my experience with Epiphone, I still trust Gibson more. Plus as far as I know, the faded SG is physically nearly identical; drop some nicer picups in and you've got no reason to ever buy a nicer SG.

my faded sg almost looks better then the high end SG's. it just needs trapezoid inlays and pickup covers. also, you throw a 498T in the bridge, and it has identical pickups to alot of gibsons higher end guitars (including the les paul supreme, a $3000 guitar!!!) changing out the pickups is the one thing I would consider doing to this guitar, it has way too much bass in the bridge pickup to make anything sound good. (the neck pickup is really good though!) I highly recommend this guitar (though, I think I've already recommended it once already in this thread... sorry!)
If you like cars see mine here
my spyspace