View post (Sweep picking)

View thread

Superhuman
Superhuman
09/13/2005 4:11 pm
Anyone interested in sweep picking should check out the following guys for insane yet beautiful sweep picking:

Michael Angelo Battio - download "No Boundaries" mp3 from www.angelo.com

George Bellas - ridiculously fast with a cool sound! If you can, try to get your hands on track 2 of "Venomous Fingers"

Jason Becker - one of the most influential shred/neo-classical players ever. plenty of downloads on www.jasonbecker.com buy his cds at his site, the guy is sick as hell and needs the cash

Theodore Ziras - only starting to be recognised, the best guitar sound I have heard with the most accurate playing (next to Michael Angelo) check out www.theodoreziras.com and make sure you look at the movie downloads, some of them are insane. Excellent place to learn more about the technique by studying the videos for hand movements etc. This guy is one of my favourite guitarists of all, check him out.

Rusty Cooley - ludicrously fast and ridiculously complicated patterns. Check out his site www.rustycooley.com and again look at the videos for close ups of the technique.

Vinnie Moore - best sweep patterns of all are on Defying Gravity cd. In my opinion he plays the most original patterns and complex picking in the most "musical" pieces. You can get some mp3's on www.vinniemoore.com check out "Defying Gravity", "Awaken The Madman"

Hope you learn something new from the above masters.

Enjoy