View post (Priorities....)

View thread

stackny
stackny
09/04/2005 4:27 pm
Originally Posted by: InfectiousHonestly that decision is up to you. But I just wanted to say something about gear. It really isnt the gear what makes u a better player...if u gave Kirk Hammett or Steve Vai your gear and told him to play i'm pretty sure they could coax some awesome sounds out of the same gear. It's really all about ur technique and how familiar u are with your gear. I read on a website a while back that Kirk Hammett started playing guitar and he played through a 2 watt amp with a 4 inch speaker for quite some time. The gear isnt always what makes u a better player. That comes from you. I myself have been playing for 3 years and still play through a crappy little amp and guitars less than $150 each and I love the way it sounds. Did I mention I'm even playin through a bass amp? It's not ur gear...its ur playing that makes u sound good.

With that said...if u dont think ur guitar or amp are cuttin it get a new one...it's all about what u like more, but don't think it'll make u a rock god right off the bat cause that just doesnt happen. Ur gonna need to spend a lot more time in the woodshed for that buddy. Hope that helps a bit. Rock on! :cool:

This is true. Ill prolly go with an amp to get rid of all that nasty feedback I get from my amp.
Dont shoot yourself in the head.