View post (Zoom GFX1)

View thread

Gibson13601
Skinny Tops Heavy Bottoms
Gibson13601
Skinny Tops Heavy Bottoms
09/03/2005 2:01 pm
Bought this online about a week ago and since then I have had some time to fiddle around with her a little bit....heres what I think...

(Zoom GFX1)

The Good= 1) Cheap! Around $100 just about everywhere I've looked.
2) Rugged! Hard steel casing & hard plastic Footswitches.
3) Simple! Very user friendly and easy to operate.
4) Compact! Small nonbulky, will fit in a purse (if thats your thing)
5) Versatile! Loads of effects for such a small cheap unit.
6) Fast! No delay (or pauses) when switching patches.
7) Cordless! Operates on 4 AA batteries if wanted.

The Bad= 1) Optional 9V AC adapter not included.
2) Some factory presets are a little cheesy.
3) Foot switches are a little close to each other (watch your step)

(Overall)
This is a great little unit and ya cant go wrong for the price! The sounds you can get out of this little board are amazing! I like the almost limitless tones you can achieve from it with a little tweaking and the chorus is thick and warm when set properly. Amp simulators are almost dead on...and I know the sounds of these amps cuz I have owned all but one and the one I have not owned I have played through one time or another. Amp sounds are as follows...PVY= The 5150 (which I own now)...BG= Mesa Boogie Duel Recto (The Amp Sim for this one could have been better)... MS= Marshall Stack (Sounds Decent)...US= Not sure about this one (Solid crunchy blues tone)...FDR= Fender Princeton or Power Chorus (Simulates the clean sound of the Fender tube amps). Effects included are...Chorus, Flanger, Phase, Doubling, Tremolo, Step, Cry, Ring Mod, Slow Attack, Pitch, Delay, Echo, EQ, Wah/Auto Wah, Comp/Limiter, Noise gate, Reverb and of course Distortion/Overdrives. (Optional expression pedal is available) This a fast little unit with almost zero latency when switching patches. I did not want a big bulky processor with a crapload of useless effects since I like to keep my sound kinda Raw. But this has enough sounds and such to keep me occupied if Im feeling a little Robotic. Very easy to use (Rookies will melt over it and Veterans will be impressed) Try it out!!! Great Bang for your Buck!!!
Im a small town White Boy just trying to makes ends meat!