View post (I want ot clear up this gay thing)

View thread

trendkillah
trendkillah
05/28/2001 2:23 am
Originally posted by Crazy Karen
The point I'm trying to make is, if GAY people don't have a problem with the word then why should anyone else? It seems like we are creating a huge fuss over something relatively un-important.

Ok, let me put it like this then.
If we don't have the right to point out that language like that could bother someone, then who are you to say that people should not be offended by it?
Let me ask you, are your gay friends 1/10 of the worlds' population? NO! Therefore their opinion doesn't say anything about others', and thus you don't have the right to tell people not to be offended.
I would be surprised if you can't even imagine how the use of adjectives like that could bother, or even offend people.

Like someone stated earlier, it's sad that language like this is becoming more and more socially accepted.
And yes, gay also means 'joyful', but you have to be pretty ignorant to believe that that's the meaning of the word that was intended.

I think I can read quite well actually, I can even make out what some of the words mean, lol.

Well, I shouldn't have posted this anyway, cause probably nobody gives a **** and will think I'm an idiot.
But i've got my own oppinion, and even though I might get childish about it like those Kirk Hammett fans on this board(no disrespect meant whatsoever), I'll defend it like those guys do.

If someone does actually agree with me, let yourself be heared, that's what this place is for.

Greetz, TK

[Edited by trendkillah on 05-28-2001 at 02:59 PM]