View post (I want ot clear up this gay thing)

View thread

Willdridge
Willdridge
05/07/2001 9:02 am
It's unfortunate that minorities, (ethnic, sexual, etc.) are so often used as a insult. A lot of the time, people don't so much as think about it, it's as much their norm as sitting down and watching T.V. The biggest problem for those people who it (IMHO) rightly offends, is there's nothing we can do to make them listen. We can scream and shout at them until we're blue, it won't be what changes them.
I'm not aimming that at you Led, but this I will. I'm not saying you should change, but just hold yourself back every now and then. Your opinion and "the way you talk" is just a valid as everyone else, but we all have to be aware of what we do within a community, real-life or online. I hope you don't think I'm getting at you, I just think you could consider it.
While I think on, to the others. Tolerance. People's opinions may offend you, but there's always a reason for an opinion. It's rarely their fault, it's the people they grew up around, their family's views. Okay, so not always, but a fair amount of the time.

Enough babbling, perhaps we should think of bringing this to a close soon, I don't see us solving these problems worldwide, (sadly).
Don't worry too much about me, ignore me long enough and I'll go away.