View post (legalization)

View thread

Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
07/28/2005 6:47 am
Originally Posted by: crazywolfThat's a little odd since smoking marijuana has been found to help people with schizophrenia and depression.[/quote]
Well, while I can tell you that most of the pot smokers I know are fine, one guy I went to high school with was (last I heard of him) working to support his smoking habits. The last report I heard about him from my little brother was that he was carrying around an SKS with a modified sear (read: "AK-47") to protect his plants, was super-paranoid and scaring the crap out of a lot of people.

Now, this is a guy who used to be the class clown and this all happened after he'd decided to quit drinking and only smoke pot. So, obviously, it has differing effects on different people and quantity is a factor, too.

[QUOTE=crazywolf]I could talk about this forever, but Ii think society and the government have brainwashed everyone into thinking pot is bad. There has not been a single recorded death by overdosing. Marijuana has been used by many different cultures for many years.

Actually, some British guy recently managed to do it. It took him like 20 years of smoking day in and day out to pull it off (ie: smoking more than the body can process, sort of like how an alcoholic gets up to a .4 over several days (and of course after years of building a tolerence)).

Personally, I'm on the fence about this issue. I can see a lot of the benefits to legalization, but I can also see a lot of problems and unintended complications to it, too.

That said, I think the "Medical Marijuana" debate is a farce; there's at least one variety (and I think others, as well) of THC pills that doctors can prescribe to patients. For most of the parties involved, it's nothing more than a [poorly] disguised play at general legalization and it bugs me that the activists involved aren't more honest about it.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons