View post (Please help, Best guitar for shredding?)

View thread

Poontang_clan
Poontang_clan
07/06/2005 9:20 pm
Originally Posted by: Andrew Sawell,how much you looking to spend? The Ibanez models with Wizard necks are all really quick. My favourite is the Rgt2020 which has a three piece neck-thru construction. It is only made in a natural oiled finish and plays and sounds absolutely amazing... but it is a prestige and rather expensive.

The only real way to answer your question tho is for you to get out there and try out every model that you might want...then make up your mind.

yea i like the ibanez neck thru guitars
heres something to think about for Ibanez if you want a neck thru there is the Ibanez RGT42DX it has a double locking tremolo
RGT42DXFX has fixed bridge mahogany body
But these only come in black. (Cheaper than prestige model)

Then there is the RGT42DXFM with flamed maple top with double locking trem.

and if you dont want a neck thru guitar most ibanez RGs are great but a really good one for the price is the RG321MH which is a mahogany body costs around 400$ Canadian, and has a fixed bridge

But it depends on how much money your willing to spend
This is coming from a big ibanez fan though so don't take my word for it your best bet would be to try these and any other guitar you can get your hands on. Don't forget about all the other brands
"We forgot to call Dylan" "Who the F*ck is Dylan?" "oh, I mean xDylanx" " oh yea we forgot to call him"