View post (Fender FM 212R)

View thread

nozmo
nozmo
07/10/2009 1:04 am
Originally Posted by: 6strngs_2hmbkrsI agree that it's LOUD, and I mentioned that, and also that it was heavy... but this thing doesn't have any on board effects (besides distortion and reverb) and I would agree with you that the clean channel is the best part... the distortion is missing something... but still, for this price you could just buy the amp and a used distortion pedal for a cheaper price then any other decent 100w 2x12" out there!

I dig this amp. I just got it over a line 6 Spider 212. For a solid state it is pretty amazing. The clean is what you would expect from a fender. As far as the distortion, it is just missing that warm tube tone. The "Tube Distortion" we all love. But you know what? I been playing rock and metal for 22 years. Since I was 12. I always wanted everything over driven. As I learned more about tone and control. And became a better guitar player. I learned not to have to hide behind all the fuzz. I think the distortion is just enough to sound clear. I like to hear all my notes. This distortion allows for clean playing. I have a boss metal zone, and a hyper fuzz. They are good for variety. I am pretty happy and impressed with the built in dirty channel. The clean channel as I said is perfect. Add a little chorus some delay. Viola! I love this amp and am very happy with my choice. The only thing I could use is an out for another 212 cab. I like the 212 Idea. Very convenient.

Bottom Line. I am very happy. The only amp I think I will ever need later, is a 212 Orange Amp. This will due nicely until then.