View post (Let's be brutally honest here, gentlemen...)

View thread

Bardsley
Bardsley
05/27/2001 2:41 am
I've really never noticed girls caring one way or the other about my guitar playing ablility. I mean, no more than sayin, I really liked that song, or something like that, the way you care about any people you know being relatively good at something. Maybe I just don't look, but I have no idea why they would, and I certainly don't play to impress girls. In fact, the only thiing I think of when playing guitar is music, I could be interrupted by a supermodel and I would tell her to leave me alone if I was in the middle of a Jazz solo. Possibly my thinking is too far in the other direction...
It's interesting to consider the relationship between love lives and music though. I mean, on one hand you tend to write about someone you're thinking of, and to a certain extent you try to coax little bit of sex out of your guitar, get it sounding right. I don't know, it all just seems so tacky, the idea of trying to impress girls. It is sort of degrading, to girls and the guys who attempt it. I'm going too far here, stopping, now. Long night, no sleep....
"Dozens of people spontaneously combust each year, it's just not that widely reported".