View post (Let's be brutally honest here, gentlemen...)

View thread

Bardsley
Bardsley
04/25/2001 4:31 am
Yeah, I never even thought of it. It kind of reeks of desperation don't you think? I mean is the suggestion that we all pictured ourselves as some guitar god shredding out insanely fast licks that make chicks swoon all over us or somehting? Hmm, doesn't seem very realistic, does it? Also, it's a pretty sexist comment, I don't know many of my female friends who play guitar who started for that reason. I started guitar because I love music and it looked like fun, and when I realised that heaps of music from jazz to rock was guitar music, I thought I'd give it a go. Now I want to start learning the trumpet again, I've been listening to heaps of Miles. Or the sax, or the double bass, or the piano... I think I will stick with guitar, I love it, I think it is the instrument for me, and when I want to meet women I will spend time talking and getting to know them rather than try some lame attempt at "impressing" them with my ability/looks/acrobatic skills/general knowledge.
"Dozens of people spontaneously combust each year, it's just not that widely reported".