View post (queen sound)

View thread

tehplatypus
tehplatypus
06/18/2005 9:11 am
Originally Posted by: rockonn91hey what does queen use to get that sound?

like their rhythem is really low, but not overdrive low so it sounds like metal.. and the solos are high and have that....happy sound haha dont know how else to explain it....

do they use a certain effect?

multiple overdubbing. it's light gain but dubbed over multiple times so it sounds thick. you know?

queen didn't use any synths early on(which they proudly declared for killer queen) but they did use the studio to its fullest when it came to overdubbing everything and doubling and tripling parts.

edit: also, his guitar played a big part of course but i figured i'd ignore that...but yeah, what everyone else has said played a big part too as far as vox AC30s and his red special (which burns makes copies now). if you're looking for that sound...you probably won't, most guitarists hide their tricks about how they got their tones (afterall, what fun is it if everyone is stealing your tone?)...you'll probably hear a lot of different stories about what exactly what used with pedals and stuff...i say start with the guitar and amp if you're really that driven and work from there.
okay...my post is done...goodbye.