View post (hollow and semi hollow connoisseurs)

View thread

tehplatypus
tehplatypus
06/11/2005 5:13 am
Originally Posted by: PRSplayaThose are defanately some beautiful guitars! His attention to detail is nice too. I love the quilt maple on the Royal, but it seems to me that maple back's and side's would be that great of a choice of tone woods for a jazz box. Seems like it would be a bit too bright and thin sounding compaired to the typical dark, smokey sounds of a jazz box.

the interesting thing about them is that the pickups are floating and mounted to the pickguard...the guitars are fully hollow and fully acoustic...i've played on one before and it really is a really defined instrument. as far as jazz goes...it owns jazz. the guitar has that beautiful woody tone you look for in jazz boxes and still has warmth to it.

foster is actually local to new orleans and i've seen a few jazz cats around here with them and they always have great tone. rob block actually recently moved out for chicago, i think. i'd definately recommend you check him out if you're into jazz guitarists...and hank mackie and steve masakowski. steve and hank are definately more into the django school of jazz guitar.

back on topic...yeah, the guitars are perfect jazzboxes.
okay...my post is done...goodbye.