View post (Which car?)

View thread

mc9mm
Guitar Tricks Instructor
mc9mm
Guitar Tricks Instructor
04/24/2005 11:08 pm
Originally Posted by: PonyOnecrap, mc9mm, i'm sorry i put that in your message initially, i accidentally hit edit instead of quote. my sincere apologies...

Who put what where?

a used audi S4 will still run in the 20k range here. the 2 and 3 series audis (A2, S2, A3, S3) were never sold in the USA (they're just starting to sell the new A3's later this year). M5's are expensive and they weren't sold here in large numbers until the last generation so any of the few late 80's-early 90's models here are more collector's items and will run in the 15k range. plus they'll be expensive as hell to insure and repair...

Well aint life a bi.. ..ngo-table, the late 80's S4's are hell on wheels!

we never got the Nissan Sunny/Pulsar GTi-R stateside, which is a same as they are freaking awesome little cars. i would love one... my g/f and i may be moving out of the country and if so we may try to get one when we move. that tiny little hatch with a 230hp SR20DET w/individual throttle bodies and all wheel drive/all wheel steering?? i'm totally there...

Do it. DO IT! My friend has one thats juiced up to 300 hp and it's like a bottle-rocket-mini-gocart! Now that's good fun.

Celica GT's look cool but their performance isn't up to the looks. they're the same basic underpinnings as a Corolla. the older Celica GT-Fours are cool but those are fairly hard to find here and parts are expensive.

Well they're not lightning fast, but they're fairly quick.

the cars themselves can usually only be found in the 10k range with a blown engine (RX7) or 250,000 miles (Supra).

That's weird. Here you can get a good '90 Supra for 5000 bucks.

Ok at least now you know what cars not to buy!

the US gets shafted on all the good cars out there :(

Well, we get shafted on the american cubic inches.
I would love a ridiculously big truck, but I could never afford one since the
gas costs triple here and we have monster taxes on all trucks and diesels.