View post (Big Brother)

View thread

crazywolf
Samson
crazywolf
Samson
04/18/2005 2:47 pm
Is it too late? Has technology become too prevalent in our society? Has technology (specifically pertaining to cameras) become so small and wide spread that there is no turning back.

I just read this article in my local newspaper.....
I knew cameras are widely being used, and I also heard that any “normal” everyday citizen would be extremely shocked, to say the least, if they/we knew how many cameras and satellites were watching us in any given day, but still!!

I don’t really know how I feel about this. I mean it is good if I get robbed or my car is stolen, there could be the possibility of catching the criminal if he/she was caught on tape; but I am also somewhat of a traditionalist and cringe a little at how much technology has completely changed our lives….and not for the better in my opinion. I have no problem with change, but enough is enough!! How safe does everything around us have to get? How safe does saran wrap have to get? Now they are making it without the “unsafe” metal cutting edge on the side of the box.

I just feel that large corporations are so afraid of lawsuits that they make everything so safe, among other things. I could only imagine how different things are now than they were when the “older” guys here were kids; how much less work you actually have to do because everything is being done for you.
1 Peter 2:16