View post (Snobbery!)

View thread

ake
ake
04/16/2005 5:21 pm
When I was a kid I was truly impressed by what gear people played. Now that I'm a little more mature Iv'e got a little more perspective. In my band the rhythm player swears by Fender. The Lead guy plays a Silvertone made back in the 50s thru an amp that can't be identified. The drummers kit is pieced together form drums and cymbals he found at flea markets. I play a bass I made from plywood and a neck that looks like it was in a fire thru an amp that was originally for a church organ.
We play every weekend, the ladies love us, We play festivals in the summer, the ladies love us, we've got out three CDs, the ladies love us. I guess what I'm tryin to say is if you love the music, play it with style and feeling,
have a respect for the audience and PRACTICE; you will have fun, be respected by your peers and enjoy the benifets that playing rock and roll can bring. Don't worry that your gear isn't as nice as somebody elses'. REMEMBER it's not a competition it's ART. It's more important to develop your own style than worship some idol and rip off theirs. Peace my brothers!!
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power;we will know peace" J. Hendrix