View post (New Amp With Budget Take a Look)

View thread

scott
Guitar Tricks Instructor
scott
Guitar Tricks Instructor
04/12/2005 9:09 pm
I agree with you... I know that they come about their low price point by using tech that other R&D departments have come up with...

... on the other hand, I am a musician and one who does not have alot of free cash moving around. As with most gear moves, it comes down to the best thing for the budget. When I was 16, Zoom pedals were the bomb. Then, I started playing more, my budget increased, and I started moving to rack gear.

There are some things I do not compromise on and I get the best that my money can buy, there's just some times that you need something cheap that does the trick. This is a good niche that I think Behringer fills. They remind me of OLP in that regard. Is it something I would gig with? No. Is it a playable piece of gear at a good price point? Yep. Does it blow away alot of other things in that price point? Yep.

There is alot of snobbery and nose thumbing at Behringer... I think it's relatively unfounded. If I was 13 and saving up money for an amp, this Behringer for 200 smokes the cheap 25W Crate combo I could afford then for nearly the same price.

:-)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Scott Evans :cool:
Guitartricks.com instructor
Scott's Guitar Tricks
scott@guitartricks.com
scotriani*at*gmail*dot*com