View post (Most influencial musician/s)

View thread

Led Zeppelin
Led Zeppelin
04/11/2001 9:53 pm
What musicians or bands have had the most influence on you in your music or in your life?

I reckon in my life John Lennon has had the most influence on my life. Ive read and seen alot about him and from his lyrics has inspired me generally.

Musically, Ive been most inspired by Jimi Hendrix his carrer has inspired me that you dont ahve to spend years practising to be a great musician and that music is about passion. Its not what you play but the way that you play it.

Jimmy Page has inspired me alot that music doesnt have to be complicated to be brilliant (Whole Lotta Love for example).

Eric Clapton has inspired me because he is seen as one of the greatest rock and blues guitarists ever even though he doesnt have the greatest technique or anthing like that.

Aswell people like Ritchie Blackmore, Caros Santana, Rory gallagher, Gary Moore and The Edge have inspired me. Blackmore for his simplicity and for his constent use of the revolving door system. Santana because of his passion, like Hendrix, and his stuff is universal, never gets old. And Rory gallagher, Edge and Gary Moore proving that guitarists can actually come out of Ireland and become legends.

I spent ages typing this so Id appreciate as much feedbac as possible.
www.gnr.com.ar
http://www.izzystradlin.tk/