View post (Old, OLD stuff of mine...)

View thread

Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
03/28/2005 7:08 pm
Not too long ago, I put my old band, The Boccé Wagon, up on myspace. Emailing stuff or file transfers on AIM everytime somebody wanted to hear my old band got old, so thar she be.

All four songs are downloadable; feedback and file sharing are encouraged.

Here's a rundown of the songs:

• The Jailbait Song - 9.5 minute Funk epic about Seth's ill-fated prom night. Recorded when we'd maybe been playing together three months or so.

• The Northfield Special - Heavy Primus influence and a fine example of why I'm usually not allowed near vocal microphones. A bit too derrivative for my tastes today, but still a lot of fun.

• Two Finger Todd vs. The Army Ants - Nifty little instrumental tune, also recorded when we were just starting out. I really wish we had a chance to re-record this song.

• Standing - Easily our heaviest tune and probably a good indicator of where we were heading before we broke up; Chords with tapped harmonics on fretless bass, more melodic chord progressions, more serious social commentary. Seth never really got the vocal part to where he wanted it, which is a shame because he really has a much better singing voice than you can tell from this recording.

Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons