View post (Ibanez GAX70)

View thread

footstool
footstool
03/26/2005 3:32 pm

Price: I got my GAX70 for about $170.00 brand new at Guitar Center. The price of this guitar is around $190.00 on Musicians Friend and similar sites. I think this is a great guitar for its price range, or for any price range. It is a great beginner guitar.

Pros:
The Ibanez GAX70 has extremley low action and stays in tune very well. It is very affordable and sounds great with distortion or when run clean. This is an excellent guitar for anyone into rock.

Cons: I couldn't get my straplocks to fit into the bottom hole because it was to large, they fit fine into the top so maybe it was just a factory mistake or something. Other than that not to many problems.

Review: I got this guitar after testing it out at Guitar Center, i originally went there to look at the Ibanez GRX20 and a few ESP guitars, but after i tried out the GAX there was no turning back. It was one of the best sounding guitars i had ever heard. One of the staff members at Guitar Center said it was a good guitar but could use new humbuckers. So far the factory humbuckers have been fine for me. I play in a rock group and this guitar is the perfect sidekick for me. It sounds as good clean as it does distorted.

Summary: I would reccommend this to anyone interested in playing guitar. It is affordable, easy to play, and has a great sound.

Great friggin' guitar guys. Seriously.