View post (Bob Dylan)

View thread

Bardsley
Bardsley
04/22/2001 2:02 am
Bob Dylan is the greatest. I can't believe I wasn't the one that started a thread like this, considering how I put him on my list of favourite singers, lol. The thing is, he isn't just a spokesman for a generation of the 60's, he is a great rock musician of the 90's and beyond as well. In fact, not that Grammy's really count for anything, but his last album won best Album, plus he got best hard rock vocals which makes me laugh. I went to see him in concert last month and i almost cried, he was just so good. Sure his voice is not conventionally good, but I love it, he manages to get so much life in it. As for his songwriting, just too good. It is amazing that someone can do a 19 song show of pretty much nothing but classics from the 60's until now, yet still not include any songs from Blood on the Tracks and only one from Blonde on Blonde, two of the best Albums ever made by anyone. Well, I've said enogh, needless to say I like him. I love Neil Young too, and they both admire each other. "I'm listening to Neil Young, I got to turn up the sound, someone's always yellin at me to turn it down" (Highlands, Time Out of Mind). Hehehe.
"Dozens of people spontaneously combust each year, it's just not that widely reported".