Question about guitarist and playing in general....

kingdavid
kingdavid
03/19/2005 4:03 pm
Originally Posted by: chucklivesoninmyheart"what we neeeeeed are blazing fast bionic fingers!...

First verse taking shape, Jolly... :p
# 1
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
03/19/2005 10:29 pm
Originally Posted by: Cryptic ExcretionsJeez dude, and here I am in Ohio bitching about the $2.19 a gallon. What a load of ****. Someone should invent a car that runs free of gas, but make it affordable for the rest of us. That'd rule, put all those damn gas stations out of business, they deserve it, the greedy bastards.

hydrogen engines... supposedly supposed to be the standard car by 2010. but I'm sure that die-hard racing fans will want to stick to gasoline simply because they can't use nitrous oxide on a hydrogen engine...
If you like cars see mine here
my spyspace
# 2
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
03/19/2005 10:42 pm
Originally Posted by: 6strngs_2hmbkrshydrogen engines... supposedly supposed to be the standard car by 2010.

Getting Hydrogen for fuel cells is FAR dirtier and less efficient (and more expensive) than running gasoline.

For starters, the most common place to get Hydrogen is COAL.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 3
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
03/20/2005 1:39 am
Originally Posted by: Cryptic ExcretionsJeez dude, and here I am in Ohio bitching about the $2.19 a gallon. What a load of ****. Someone should invent a car that runs free of gas, but make it affordable for the rest of us. That'd rule, put all those damn gas stations out of business, they deserve it, the greedy bastards.

I didn't know you were from Ohio. I lived there up until about 3 months ago. Which city are you from?
Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel.
My YouTube Profile
# 4
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
03/20/2005 5:40 am
Originally Posted by: RaskolnikovGetting Hydrogen for fuel cells is FAR dirtier and less efficient (and more expensive) than running gasoline.

For starters, the most common place to get Hydrogen is COAL.

the reason that hydrogen engines will become standard in a few years is because they are cleaner running and it would cost less for hydrogen than for gasoline... right now it costs more for a car that runs on hydrogen though. hey, I don't know too much about this stuff though, I heard it on t.v. on like 3 or 4 different shows about cars, who says you don't learn anything from t.v?
If you like cars see mine here
my spyspace
# 5
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
03/20/2005 6:07 am
Originally Posted by: 6strngs_2hmbkrsthe reason that hydrogen engines will become standard in a few years is because they are cleaner running and it would cost less for hydrogen than for gasoline... right now it costs more for a car that runs on hydrogen though. hey, I don't know too much about this stuff though, I heard it on t.v. on like 3 or 4 different shows about cars, who says you don't learn anything from t.v?

The cost of the technology is part of it, but the biggest problem is this:

While a fuel cell and electric motor is FAR more efficient than a gasoline engine could ever hope to be, getting the Hydrogen for it is a long, complicated process that uses far more energy in the long run and causes more pollution. Hydrogen is NOT found just floating around here on Earth; it is always chemically bonded to something else and because of that, isolating it for other uses is costly in terms of energy.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 6
crazywolf
Samson
crazywolf
Samson
03/20/2005 7:11 am
All right!!!! Gotta set the record straight once and for all!
Not claiming to be a know it all on this topic, but my prof for my diesel engine class really is. He has worked for countless car, boat, and airplane manufactures and as a technician in all three....and than some. And I live in MI near Detroit....and there is a lot of opportunities with cars here.
Many many moons ago they said electric was going to be the new standard, but he predicted it wouldn't work and it didn't.
He now is saying that electric is going to bust again. It is way to finicky and just isn't cost effective; same with hydrogen. In terms of the hybrid, he has jumped on the diesel hybrid band wagon. First off, a diesel engine itself gets much better fuel economy than a gasoline engine, and meets the emission standards without a catalytic converter or any of that other crap. Making it a hybrid is just like woe!
He sees the diesel hybrid as the forerunner into the future.
Like I said, I may not be an expert, but this guys resume is longer than Santa’s naughty and nice list.
1 Peter 2:16
# 7

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.