View post (Justifying high end gear)

View thread

Godly_Page
Godly_Page
03/05/2005 5:44 pm
I'm in a similar boat and I feel as if I'd have some serious buyer's remorse if I started doing that.

I'm a noobie to GT, been around for a couple of years, but only really applying the GT lessons/techniques to my playing now.

I've also been playing guitar since 1993. (IMAGINE the bad habits I have to kick!!) I currently play an Epiphone Les Paul bought in 1995/6 (I really can't remember exactly) And old Peavey Renown with twin 12's is my amp and some shoddy patch cables. Now, I'm not the greatest, nor will I ever be as long as Jimmy Page's songs can still be heard, but I don't play gigs and don't have any real inclination to do so at this point in time.

Would you still save up to buy the Jimmy Page Signature Les Paul if he was the reason you even picked up a guitar?

You might be wondering why I'm even furthering my guitar skill at this point. Well, if I do purchase the JP LP than I want to make sure I can very well darn play it with the best of 'em.

My dilemma is if I get a nice STANDARD for about a third of the cost of JP's Signature guitar I won't be as happy with it.