View post (a bluesy crunchy tone how do you get it?)

View thread

Polera
Guitar Hurricane
Polera
Guitar Hurricane
03/02/2005 3:13 pm
Blues tone! now your talkin! I have boss blues OD and it sounds a little harsh. What everyone praises is the ibanez tube screamer 808 but thats out of your budget im sure. So what next? Get a ts-808 clone. I m not talking about boss's effects clone...although my gt6 does come close its not bang on and u can tell this with a little experience with both pedals. I have a pedal called the MJM Blues devil, its a ts 808 clone but its better. Has a little tighter low end and tad better high end. Also Fulltone pedals get good reviews although most say that the mjm is a tad better. Theres one pedal i saw on ebay and it sounded awesome, its a Lapido Pride and Joy, but something about ebay that erks me. Bottom line if u wanna pay $60 bucks and get the boss od driver fine...but for me (and im not rich either) i would spend $165 and get the MJM blues driver.

use harmony central as a guide, also visit www.mjmguitarfx.com for some sounds bits and im sure there are some of fulltone, and boss at thier respective sites. I saw the dude who plays those clips and his sound was just awesome!
WWSD? What would stevie do?